Monday, August 13, 2007

half a mile

so i broke a mental barrier today, finally and ran the first 1/2 mile straight through. BIG accomplishment for me! I usually run one quarter than walk about one quarter, but today I just pushed and did a 1/2 straight through, walked a quarter, ran a quarter, walked one more and then did another half running, followed by an easy walk of the last quarter. I know, not much to some, but a big improvement to me. I now agree and know what people mean when they say running is mental as well as physical, it was more of me just telling myself to keep going, there wasn't even pain, too much, in my muscles, my breathing was a bit hard, but once I got a rythm there I was. My only regret is that I was unmotivated to run, so I put it off and didn't have enough daylight to do another mile.
This is a great way to come back from the disapointing excursion, running wise, on saturday.
I think since I have thursday off, I'll do two runs. A mile, timed, to see how fast and if I can do it straight through in the morning, and then the 5k at night.

No comments: