Sunday, August 5, 2007

It begins

I officially registered for the Duke City Marathon 5k today. Something I've decided to do for a couple of months, but didn't actually register incase I wanted to back out. I think that now that I've paid the 25 bucks I will have more motivation to actually do it. Though I have been doing some training for a month or so, I thought it would be fitting to start this journal today, when it is official that I am participating. 11 weeks from now is the race and I'm hoping to finish under 30 minutes. Now I know this may seem like a week goal to most, but currently I do it about 45, so this will be a big improvement. Based on last year's results under 30 would put me in the top 15, top half of my division. Top time last year in my division was 22:09. I am not looking to place, obviously, but it is important to me to do my best and give my best. This is a symbolic race for me, on the anniversary of my grandmother's death from cancer, the proceeds benefit the New Mexico Cancer Center, which I have worked with previously.
I'm hoping to use this blog, seperate from my other online personalities, but possibly in conjuction, to post my mileage, my goals, and to gain motivation. I invite anyone else to join.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great motivation (the symbolism, etc). You can do it! (Maybe not in 22 minutes...) But I bet you can get to the 30s if you keep at it.

Good luck to you.
(Found you from the cc website.)